Thursday, April 3, 2008

Some Pictures....Finally

This is me at the most recent soccer game I went to. We got there late so we had to sit close to the field. Brazilians prefer the high seats, so if you are late then you get to sit close.




This is my bedroom. It is about big enough for my bed and me to stand next to my bed. Its perfect.









This is a shot of the camp that I attended recently in the mountains outside of Sao Paulo. It was a Church of Christ mens conference and we had our main meetings inside that tent. The weather was real nice, and it was good to get away from the chaos of the streets of Rio and into a surreal place like this.







This is my Brazilian brother Pedro. He is 18 and preparing to go into the military. In this picture, we are on the train on our way to the soccer stadium. He is a real nice guy and always wakes up early and goes with me on the bus to places that I dont know how to get to. Then he turns around a goes home. The only thing bigger than his belly is his heart.




Of the many shots I took at Maracana Stadium, this was my favorite. We arrived and the game had just begun. The fans were going crazy, but it was a realitively low attendance night, only 55000. The stadium use to be the biggest soccer stadium in the world, holding 200,000 people, but then FIFA made some new regulations about how close fans could be to the field so they had to cut back on the number of seats. Now its the biggest soccer stadium in the world, but only holding a mere 140,000 people.

4 comments:

rdh97j said...

Glad to see you are doing well! But, we need to see more pictures - keep them coming! Love ya, Rach

Unknown said...

love the pics! Thanks for sharing. LS

OK Chick said...

CALEB! My long lost friend. I owe you a BIG email. I'm going to do that today after I get off work. I've also added your blog to my blog. I'm happy to see you are doing well.

Holly said...

Oh, I love the pictures! I want to come watch soccer in Brazil! I will be in Honduras in April...maybe I will just head down there instead of coming home afterward.