Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Some stuff

This is the busy street corner near where I live. I walk past here everyday to get to the bus. The big building is a shopping mall that is orinarily loaded with people inside and out. This picture was taken on a monday morning so this is about as few of people as you might see around here. On the weekend it is packed.




This is Fisk, an English and Spanish school that I occasionally give a conversation class at. I really like the teachers that work there, and we have become good friends over the last month or so. Its a good situation for us both because they can speak with a native english speaker and learn new things, and I can get relief from being in the Portuguese world all day.





This is the church office where I spend some time hanging out with the missionaries and other people that come in during the day. The woman in the picture with the black shirt, is my Brazilian mom. I live at her house. Her name is Aurea and she is also the church receptionist.






This is from the same soccer game I went to a few weeks ago. Lately there haven't been any games that I was that interested in going to. I am waiting until the culmination of the tournament they are playing now because I want to go to the championship game if a Brazilian team is in it. It should be madness

3 comments:

Mark and Kelly said...

Yay, thanks for posting pictures! Now I don't have to check your blog in vain. But there was one photo missing: you enjoying a tall glass of the maracuja juice you've grown to love so much:)

Damon and Amy said...

Woo hoo!! Pictures!! First, let me say that your new home looks incredible and looks very different from your last international home :) Second, I am so proud of you for taking pictures. Keep them coming!!

Unknown said...

love the pics. Praying for ya! Tony and Linda